Thursday, October 15, 2009

My First Internship

I never thought I'd have my first internship in Egypt, but as I mentioned before, an internship at an Egyptian NGO is a requirement for one of my classes, Intro to Development. I will be working with Nahdet El-Mahrousa, and I will be performing two functions. First, I will be doing some research for Ana Masry. Also, I will be working once a week at the Career and Entrepreneurship Office aiding young Egyptians seeking jobs and internships and writing resumes with their communication and language skills.

Part of the class requirement is a blog about out internship experience, so after this I will mostly post on that blog about my work with the NGO. I have met once with Mirahan Farag, the Manager of Operations of Ana Masry. It was mostly an informational and brainstorming meeting. I included a detailed description of it in my first blog post. I also spoke about the functions of NM as an NGO. I will begin to work each Tuesday with CEDO after October 27th (when my Tuesday make-up classes come to an end). I will be posting about my experiences with NM as I encounter them. The name of that Blog is POLS310 NM. I did not make the blog; another student working with the same NGO made it and then added the rest of us who would be working with NM as authors. So, if you read the blog, you will be able to read all of our posts about our experiences with NM; we will all be working with a different part of the NGO and I think each of us will have an interesting experience. I am excited to being my involvement with both Ana Masry and CEDO. The fact that these programs are different but a part of the same NGO I think will teach me a lot about the NGO NM specifically and about the functions of NGOs in general. It is an experience I am looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment